Most people take one look at the coupon blogs and think, “I don’t know where to start.” I am here to help you with that. If you are serious about couponing, I am going to be honest with you. It’s not easy to get started, it’s not easy to stay organized, and I know how you feel right now……lost and overwhelmed. Don’t worry! It does get easier as time goes on and you get used to the process. I’m sure you’ve all heard the saying, “Nothing worth having ever comes easy.” This quote also applies here. Be patient, be diligent, be committed and the benefits will outweigh the work you put into this. I will teach you, I will guide you, I will help, but I can’t do the work for you. Now, let me start by telling you what you’ll need.
What Do I Need?
- A good pair of scissors, first and foremost!
- The Sunday newspaper or two or three
- A printer if you plan on using internet printable coupons
- A good, reliable blog (hint-hint) to refer to for coupon matchups and weekly deals
How Do I Organize My Coupons?
**This is VERY important to couponing. You WILL want to find a method that works best for you. I use both the binder and file system, but any system is acceptable as long as it’s efficient. If you don’t stay organized, you will soon find yourself overwhelmed and drowning in coupons**
- A 3 ring binder or a picture album (you can buy these at the dollar store)
- If you plan on using the binder system, you will need to purchase some plastic baseball card holders for storing your coupons (you “can” purchase these at Walmart or Target, BUT since this is a site to help you save money, I would suggest looking on Amazon.com)
- A file cabinet with the hanging files
- Black sharpie marker for dating your coupon inserts